The Council on Auxiliaries/Volunteers of the Georgia Hospital Association (COA/V) was founded in 1958 and currently consists of 75 hospital auxiliaries throughout the state of Georgia. During the 2014-2015 year we had a total of 7090 auxiliary members across the state. These hospitals represent a total of 17, 357 hospital beds. The 7090 auxiliary members donated 1,283,754 volunteer hours. Their auxiliaries contributed $3,447,564 to their respective hospitals and $558,011 to their communities for a total of $4,143,285 in funds contributed.
There are also 42 teen programs with a total of 1226 teen volunteers that are active throughout our organization. Sixty-one Auxiliaries have gift shops. The association is divided into 7 districts: Central, East Central, North, Northeast, Northwest, Southeast, and Southwest.(See Participating Districts.) Two district directors represent each district. Its governing body is made up of a Board of Management (BOM) that directs the actions and programs of the association. (See Board of Management.) The President also selects members of the BOM to serve on committees. You can find the list of committees and their members under Board of Management.